Storing food is the most vital factor that one needs to understand. Whenever you are having excess food in stock, you need to store it due care. If you are a real foodie you would definitely love to get the taste of the dish for several times. For this you need to preserve the food so that you can get the lip smacking taste of it. Also there are some foods which turn into the most delicious one and stimulate your taste buds for several times. However you must understand what is the exact procedure of preserving the food. The preservation process differs according to the quality and the types of the food.
Why you should preserve the food?
There are number of reasons need to know regarding the preservation of the food. One can easily consider the following factors in this regard:
- Nutrient reduction doesn’t damage the food value. You can easily eat it with worrying.
- Temperature varies over 30 degrees on daily basis and many other factors destroy the nutrient value from your food. Therefore, preservation in a proper way is must.
- Keep the food in a dry and steady temperature. It increases the food value.
- The expiration or the finishing dates are mandatorily needs to be kept away.
- One needs to check the expiration date twice.
- Refrigerator-assumptive backup power.
Root Cellar- a cool, dark,wetstorage place for example- potatoes, sure fruit, winter squash,
Underground- cool constant temperature. Leave within the ground till it is required. One can also
leave on plant till required or as long as potential.
Above common food storage factors can be applied
Guard against wetness to avoid the decay
- Dry Bulk—Whole Grains, Legumes, Pasta, Spices, Sweeteners, or Processed foods can be kept in the dry bulk. This whole foodclustermust be kept in an exceeding air-tight instrumentality to stay out wetness is required.
Every one of those things ought to begin storage by being frozen at zero degrees or colder for a minimum of ten days. This kills insect eggs that may hatch later and pollute the food. These foods are often unbroken indefinitely if keep properly once this.
- Frozen—Meat, Dairy, Seeds, Fruits, and Vegetable
Freezing is one among the simplest strategies given in the deep freezer of the house.
If you’re mistreatment these techniques it’s imperative you’ve got backup power and an alternate method of cookery ought to power depart or the deep freezer equal operating.
Backup power solely must run one hour each 3-4 hours to stay the deep freezer cold in most cases.
These are the basic methods of food storage which one needs follow. Though there are different other factors can be considered. The primary factor is in what temperature you are preserving the food. If you keep the food in wrong temperature or the keep it in the fluctuating temperature, then few bacteria can affect your food. Therefore consider the right preservation procedure to get the correct nutrients from the food.