Treatment for Conditions Making You More Vulnerable to Back pain
Back pain may result from genetics or acquired conditions. Nonetheless, you need specialized and qualified care when addressing back pain, Performance Pain & Sports Medicine offers advanced treatment options for back pain in New Jersey and Texas. If you ever need care for back pain in Newtown and its environs, consider visiting Performance Pain & Sports Medicine for immediate help. Contact the practice to book an appointment in Lawrenceville, NJ, East Brunswick, NJ, Bordentown, NJ, Raritan, NJ, or Houston, TX for a personalized experience.
Back Pain Conditions Treated at Performance Pain & Sports Medicine
Major conditions responsible for back pain include:
- Herniated disk/ Ruptured disk/ Slipped disk. Occurs when the soft material inside the disk oozes through a crack on the exterior surface. When a herniated disc irritates nearby nerves, you may experience tingling, numbness, pain, and weakness radiating down a leg or arm.
- Kyphosis. Visible signs of Kyphosis include a protruding head, a difference in shoulder height, and a difference in shoulder blade position and height; owing to acquired conditions or acquired genetics. Kyphosis is common among older women but can affect all ages, as a forward spine curvature measuring fifty degrees or more on an X-ray.
- Scoliosis. A sideways spine curvature that may occur just before puberty or in the growth spurt is commonly referred to as Scoliosis. Major signs of Scoliosis are an uneven waist and uneven shoulders, whereby a shoulder blade appears more prominent.
- Spinal stenosis. Spinal stenosis results from extra pressure on nerves and the spinal cord as the spinal column grows narrower due to the wear and tear of aging. Back and leg pain of spinal stenosis limits your ability to walk, causes pain, tingling, numbness, a hot or cold sensation, tired feeling, weakness, and heaviness in your legs.
- Low back pain. Performance Pain and Sports Medicine offers specialized care for dull, mild, severe, persistent, annoying, and disabling pain in your lower back. Common symptoms include stabbing and shooting pain, muscle aches, limited flexibility, pain radiating down your leg(s), inability to stand up straight, and limited motion of the back.
- Sacroiliac joint pain/ SI joint pain. The common cause for SI joint pain is a change in the normal joint function propelled by instability or hypermobility. SI joint pain manifests in the lower back before radiating to your hip and groin area, buttocks, and legs.
- Sciatica. Sciatica pain is likely a symptom of an underlying medical condition that requires immediate intervention. The pain radiates from your lower back to the back of your leg through your buttocks and hips. If left untreated, sciatica pain can limit your mobility, flexibility, and range of motion.
Treatment for Back Pain
Performance Pain & Sports Medicine values a comprehensive approach when handling your back pain and related conditions. If you have concerns relating to the conditions highlighted above, you are granted a comprehensive initial evaluation to isolate the source of your pain.
Your provider uses findings from comprehensive tests, evaluations, and screenings to address specific causes of your back pain. Your treatment plan may include lifestyle adjustments, prescription medication, dietary adjustments, and stem cell therapy.
Performance Pain & Sports Medicine offers specialized treatment for back pain. If you need care for the conditions highlighted above, contact our practice to book an appointment today.