The determining factor for what concerns the health and condition of the teeth is genetics. But the impact of habits and lifestyles are also essential. The kennedy square dentist clinic discovers several myths about the care of the teeth and the oral cavity:
1. Sugar is an enemy of the teeth. According to the expert, it is currently known that “bad” bacteria, rather than sweet, lead to caries. The best medium for the spread of these bacteria is carbohydrates residues on the teeth, but they remain not only after sweet things, but also after useful foods like fruits or legumes.
2. Teeth should be washed after each meal. That’s what many think. But the dentist notes: too frequent tooth brushing can cause enamel wear and painful sensitivity. Teeth should be washed twice daily – after getting up and before going to bed. In the rest of the time, it is good enough to rinse your mouth after a meal.
3. Drinking water in the morning is useful. The first job of most people in the morning is to drink water – and that’s not bad. But the dentist recommends that you first wash the teeth and then drink as much as you want water because the saliva flow is reduced during the night, resulting in the accumulation of large amounts of bacteria and the secretion of the plaque in the mouth. And all goes straight to the stomach if we first drink water and not wash our teeth.
4. We must have toothpicks on hand. The dentist claims that after a meal during the day, it is better to use a toothbrush because the sticks can injure the gums and open the bacteria to the tissue.
5. It is not necessary to treat the baby teeth. They, as it is known, fall and change from permanent ones. What is the point of treating them? According to the dentist, untreated problems with the teeth can lead to inflammations that will surrender to emerging permanent teeth and will cause a number of distortions in their growth. So, it is important to treat your milk teeth as well.
It is important to take all the necessary precautions when it comes to taking care of the teeth in order to prevent the development of certain diseases. It is true that regular visits to the dentist are very important, but what’s the point if we do not do our best to take care of our teeth? Make sure to give your best to keep your teeth clean and healthy. It is impossible to always keep them clean, but at least make sure to wash them once or twice a day. This will definitely result in positive benefits and you will notice the difference right away. Regular washing of the teeth will also contribute in the removal of bacteria and microorganisms.