According to the World Health Organization, some decades back diabetes seemed to be rare disease among the people. But the changes in the food habits of the people made this disease as very common from the people all over the country. This article can give you information on diabetes in a very clear manner.
Diabetes is a kind of disease when a body doesn’t generate or correctly maintain the insulin level. Actually, insulin is a hormone which has the ability to control the rate of sugar, starch and some other food items that are changed into the glucose. The organ named pancreas can produce and release the hormone into the blood and this insulin can help to keep the glucose level in your blood at the normal range.
There are five types of the diabetes conditions are discovered by the WHO and they are mentioned as follows.
- Type 1 diabetes or Insulin Dependent Diabetes – It can attack the young adults and even kids. This condition is commonly recognized when the pancreas fail to produce the insulin level while converting the food to energy.
- Type 2 diabetes or non insulin dependent diabetes – It affects later in the life of adults and it is often known as pancreas being unable to make adequate insulin by the reason of various factors.
- Gestational diabetes – It often occurs at the time of pregnancy and disappears after the birth of child.
- Diabetes insipidus – It is the rare problem where the body used the system to control the water level.
- Bronze diabetes – It is the genetic problem which is often caused by the reason of excessive storage of the iron in the body. When iron level is increased, it leads to damage the organs including the pancreas. So, it is then forming the diabetes problem.
These are the most common kinds of the diabetes and often attack the people. Of course, it can be easily diagnosed by taking the following kinds of the tests.
- Fasting plasma glucose test
- Oral glucose tolerance
You can get more information on diabetes by searching through the internet pages.