5 Must-Have Features of a Cold Pressed Juicer
There is no denying the fact that cold pressed juicer or masticating juicer is a better choice than a centrifugal juicer. This is because when the juice is extracted without the addition of any sort of heat, the juice contains the maximum of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and pulp. The cold pressed juice is the favoured drink of most of the health freaks.
If you are planning to buy a cold pressed juicer, there are few things that need to be kept in mind so that you don’t repent later.
- Easy to Use: Life today is hard pressed for time. If you buy a machine that makes excellent juice but takes a lot of effort and time, then it is useless. Look for the one that is easy to operate with some user-friendly features. Only if it has features like an intuitive control panel that allows you to make a glass of juice in a jiffy will it be totally useful. Else, it will be more like a showpiece than an appliance for actual use.
- Pulp: Cold pressed juicers produce a lot of pulp and so you need to check the pulp ejection process. There are juicers that have pulp collecting containers situated both internally as well as externally. Those juicers that have external pulp ejection systems are better as you don’t need to stop the machine to empty the pulp container before starting to make juice again.
- Size of Juicer: This is extremely important to consider. If you are a bachelor or have a small family, you will need a small juicer as against a large one. You also need to check how much space you have on your countertop for keeping the juicer. Besides the total size of the juicer, the other thing that you need to check is the width of the feeder tube. It is through this tube you will put the fruits and vegetables that need to be juiced. It should be wide enough to accommodate large fruits and vegetables so that you don’t need to waste much time in dicing and cutting them into small pieces.
- Easy Cleaning: Cleaning of the appliance is essential for its proper functioning. You need to clean it after every use and if this cleaning process takes time or is cumbersome the whole utility of the appliance gets lost. If it takes few minutes to get a glass of juice full of nutrients, you would definitely not like to spend more time on cleaning the machine. So, choose one that has detachable dishwasher-safe parts, which make it easy to clean and maintain your juicer in its best condition day in and day out.
- Warranty and Spare Parts: Ensure that you buy a juicer with long warranty period so that in case any issue arises it doesn’t cost you to repair the appliance. The longer the warranty, the more peace of mind it gives. The service centres should be easily available so that you don’t need to take it to a far-off place to get it repaired. Also, check if the spare parts of the model are easily available. If there is problem in getting the spare parts or the accessories, it might be rendered useless if something breaks down.
If you keep these things in mind before buying a cold pressed juicer, you will enjoy healthy juices from it for years to come without any problem.