Since time memorial, swimming has always been a favorite sport as well as a medium of recreation for the old, the young, and the aged. It is an aquatic sport which involves movement in water by hands or feet. It is a popular sport and nowadays it is gaining a lot of popularity. It is included in many national level games and also in Olympics Games. This sport not only boosts the immune but is also regarded as one of the best in improving technical skills. This is one of the outstanding sports to overcome anxiety and ensures an overall body fitness.
Involvement ,practices and its need
Involving yourself in swimming is very reliable as well as affordable. One just needs a swimming pool, a pair of goggles, and a swimming costume accordingly and a swim cap at the most. This sport is gaining a lot of popularity and many people are getting involved it in and reaching professional levels where they get accustomed to many swimming practices and strokes.
Well known practices and strokes include
- Butterfly stroke
- Dolphin crawl
- Fin swimming
- Turtle stroke
- Moth stroke
Swimming: A beneficial exercise
- Swimming and other water practices are recommended as they work wonders in the prevention of strain, sprains and joint problems.
- They help in building the cardio respiratory fitness and helps in the oxygen consumption in men and women.
- It helps in gaining muscle mass and assists in toning the body.
- It helps in curing respiratory problems like asthma.
- It helps in maintaining the body balance.
- It is a break from the summer heat.
- It helps in burning calories, but that entirely depends on the intensity of the exercises.
- The body tends to become more and more flexible and also reduces the fat in the body.
Apart from all this, swimming being an exercise helps individuals to maintain a regularity and discipline in life.
It’s never too late to learn. One can get themselves enrolled in the local swimming club and get started to gain multiple benefits. A sheer dedication and swimming practice for some time will provide you with a benefit of a lifetime.
It is always advisable to follow the instructor and his instructions, if not this could lead to problems also. So it is always suggestible to hire a good and experienced coach. Many times some moves and practices can trigger some illness, so it is always suggested to consult the coach before attempting them, as Prevention Is Always Better than Cure.
Its importance and advantages
Swimming in all gives an excellent workout experience, it helps you to explore, helps to reduce anxiety, in many cases provides a relief in many subsiding body pains and gives break from the normal schedule, to give a fresh start to the upcoming day. It increases lung capacity, also seen to help in increase of heights and ensures body balance. It must be made a part of the normal routine and exercised to have a better and healthy living.