Did you know that your spine is very flexible with muscles around it? The spine is delicate, and you don’t even want to imagine it having problems. But as a human, sometimes you cannot escape it. Spine-health issues are usually critical, with many of them causing disability. However, with immediate and the right treatments you may be able to save yourself from the pain and hassle. McNulty Spine is a medical practice specializing in providing comprehensive spine treatments in Nevada. The facility offers compassionate and efficient care for various spine problems, including scoliosis in Las Vegas and Henderson locations. If you have scoliosis or any other spine-related condition, visit the McNulty Spine for care with a difference. You can also call or book online for an appointment.
What is scoliosis?
Scoliosis is seen in both adults and children. It is a condition where your spine curves sideways. Scoliosis can be severe when not treated. Its signs include:
- Uneven hips
- Breathing problems
- Back pain
- Rotating spine
- Irregular shoulders
- Uneven breasts or chest walls
- Reducing height
Like many health conditions, with early detection of scoliosis, you can get an effective treatment and lower the disease severity.
Causes of Scoliosis
There are various classifications of scoliosis caused by different factors.
- Structural scoliosis – occurs due to degeneration, injury, and congenital abnormality
- Nonstructural scoliosis – this type of scoliosis arises from nonstructural issues of the spine. Its cause may be due to a leg length discrepancy.
- Degenerative scoliosis occurs due to age-related degeneration in adults, characterized by difficulty in standing.
- Idiopathic – idiopathic scoliosis is more common in children and it has no identifiable cause.
- Congenital scoliosis – occurs due to a spinal deformity during birth.
- Neuromuscular scoliosis – its causes includes abnormalities in the neurological system and spine muscles. Conditions such as cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, spina bifida, and other congenital problems may cause neuromuscular scoliosis.
What are the treatments for scoliosis?
The highly qualified and experienced Dr. McNulty at McNulty Spine provides effective scoliosis treatments to regain and improve your health. He offers valuable consultation time to understand your health concerns. Through advanced technology, Dr. McNulty offers accurate diagnosis to determine the cause of your condition. He then provides useful and personalized treatment plans to address your needs individually.
For patients with less severe scoliosis cases, Dr. McNulty provides a brace to help flatten the curve. While to others, he recommends check-ups using x-rays to help monitor their condition. For severe cases, Dr. McNulty offers spinal fusion surgery. Spinal fusion surgery involves the use of bone grafts, metal rods, and screws to correct and fuse the scoliosis curve. To the younger patients, Dr. McNulty offers the new FDA approved Tether System treatment to correct the curve, enhance motion, and avoid fusion reconstruction.
In conclusion, McNulty Spine is your preferred partner in providing extensive and quality treatments for scoliosis. Led by Dr. McNulty, the practice offers the best care for scoliosis, producing outstanding results. Get an exceptional experience, accurate diagnosis, and personalized treatments for scoliosis today and restore your health. Visit McNulty Spine today for services you can trust.