Experiencing the delight of deep fried snacks at home
Who doesn’t love a well deep fried snack? Even health freaks sometimes sneak a bite or two of these delicious snacks that can be prepared at home with ease. Deep fried snacks are best had in the evening with some tea or any other hot beverage, not to mention that these are the perfect accompaniment to a rainy evening!
So, well, if there are some deep fried snacks that you would like to try out, then here are some of the most delightful ones’ for you to enjoy at home:
- Samosa: You can’t but not start any conservation about Indian deep fried snacks without mentioning the samosa. Made with flour and a with a mashed and prepared potato filling, this is a lovely snack to enjoy during the evenings. The beauty of this dish is that no matter to which part of India you go, you will find one variation or the other of this same snack! Quite popular and really delicious, samosas can be safely called the king of all deep fried snacks that are available in India.
- SambarVadi: Okay, so if you are in search of a Maharashtrian delight, then this is a snack that you have to try out. Also known as the coriander spring roll, this snack too like most other deep fried snacks are enjoyed with a tangy sauce or spicy chutney. These are very popular in the streets of Maharashtra and are cooked with great care in typical Maharashtrian households. This is one snack that you have to try out if you want to understand what finesse means when it comes to the filling of deep fried snacks. You can easily find out how to cook this dish with the help of a sambarvadi recipe in Hindi
- Peynaji or onion pakoda: Prepared with nothing but red onions and besan, this snack is hot out of the food plate of Bengal. These are widely available in local city shops in this state and can be made at home too with ease if you feel like munching on to something with your Sunday evening tea. And if it starts raining, then peyanjis are a must. These are also sometimes enjoyed with puffed rice, whereas most people prefer to eat these hot and crispy delights on their own! When you are in Bengal, you really have to try out peyanjis.
- Namkeens or Nimkis: These diamond shaped deep-fried Indian snacks are available in almost every sweet shop in the country. It is known by different names in different regions, but the taste is more or less the same and more importantly the immense feeling of satisfaction that comes after eating it, remains consistent.
- Deeply fried aloo chat: Well if you want to infuse some Delhi flavor in your snack time, then do try this one out, which is available widely on the streets of Delhi and can be made at home with ease.
Now that you have so many great snack ideas at your disposal, what are you waiting for? Go try them out one by one, today!